Famous Since 1933
Living The Famous Way
At Famous, our purpose is “To build meaningful relationships for life,” and we strive to fulfill that purpose every day.
Our five core values, Family, Trust Communication, Teamwork, and Continuous Improvement, guide our actions and transcend generations. But what do these values look like in practice? Our 40 Fundamentals that follow provide the answer. They describe the daily behaviors that define our culture and bring our Core Values to life.
FUNDAMENTAL OF THE WEEK:
22. “Bring It” Every Day.
Everyone is needed and everyone’s important. Be present and be fully engaged. Make the most of each moment by approaching every task with energy, focus, purpose, and enthusiasm. Be all in.
Read More See all of our Famous Fundamentals…
Our Famous Legacy
Famous Supply founder, Hyman Blaushild, came to the United States from Latvia in 1922 where he continued his profession as a sheet metal contractor in Cleveland, Ohio. As a contractor, Hyman understood the value and importance of partnering with a wholesaler. When he was not getting the service he needed, he formed direct supplier relationships and changed the focus of his business from contracting to wholesale distribution in 1933. Today, Famous is still wholesale only serving trade professionals.
– Hyman Blaushild founds wholesale distributor Famous Furnace on Woodland Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio
– Jay Blaushild is born
– Famous opens a small sheet metal shop on Woodland Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio
– Famous establishes a small foundry to manufacture water heater and furnace parts. This operation was closed during World War II as Famous had several associates who joined the Army. Hyman made the decision to continue paying every associate that went off to war and sent a check each week to their families.
– Steubenville, Ohio branch opens
– Akron, Ohio and Warren, Ohio branches open
– Wheeling, West Virginia branch opens
– Mansfield, Ohio branch opens
– Expansion completed on Warren, Ohio facility
– Uniontown, Pennsylvania branch with the company’s first showroom opens
– Profit Sharing for all eligible associates begins
– Famous Furnace is officially renamed Famous Supply due to expanded offering of plumbing and building products
– Newark, Ohio branch opens
– Acquisition of Sandusky Wholesalers; rebranded as Famous Supply
– Fremont, Ohio branch opens
– Marc Blaushild is born
– Acquisition of a Canton, OH wholesaler; rebranded as Famous Supply
– Ashtabula, Ohio branch opens
– Showroom in Newark, Ohio opens
– Applied Products is formed
– Hyman Blaushild passes away
– Jay Blaushild moves into role of President of Famous Supply
– Acquisition of Morelenmac Supply Company; rebranded as Famous Supply
– Acquisition of Ego Supply in Toledo, Ohio; rebranded as Famous Supply
– Acquisition of Pflueger in Akron, Ohio; rebranded as Famous Supply
– Branch and regional distribution center in Washington, Pennsylvania opens
– Famous Telephone Supply is formed
– Acquisition of Norwest in Byesville, Ohio; rebranded as Famous Supply
– Corporate headquarters and main distribution center burns to the ground in a fire
– Corporate headquarters moves into “The Castle”
– First Expo is held in the Wheeling Civic Center in Wheeling, West Virginia
– Uniontown, Pennsylvania branch completes building addition to support expansion
– Acquisition of JF Good, HJ Rothwell and LB Manufacturing
– The LB Manufacturing Company’s name is changed to Heating and Cooling Products (HCP)
– Columbus, Ohio branch opens
– Showroom opens in Uniontown, Pennsylvania branch
– First NE Ohio area Expo is held at the Holiday Inn on Rockside Road in Cleveland, Ohio
– Marc Blaushild takes position with Famous Telephone Supply
– Acquisition of Ohio Pump Service; rebranded Famous Supply
– Acquisition of Professional Energy Systems (PES)
– West Side of Cleveland, Ohio branch opens
– Showroom opens across the street from Akron, Ohio branch
– Brian Blaushild is born
– Acquisition of Gage in Canton, OH; rebranded Famous Supply
– Kevin Blaushild is born
– Acquisition of Pittsburgh Plumbing & Heating Supply – branches in Melwood, New Kensington, Bethel Park, North Hills, Greensburg and Three Rivers, Pennsylvania open.
– Showroom opens in Steubenville, Ohio
– Showroom opens in Melwood, Pennsylvania
– Famous begins investing in technology, purchasing over 400 new computers along with Eclipse Enterprise Software
– Famous Telephone Supply, a non-core asset is divested
– Famous establishes partnership with The Make-A-Wish Foundation®
– Central Distribution Center opens in Sebring, Ohio
– Famous University® is established
– Marc Blaushild moves into role of President and COO
– E-commerce website launches to accommodate online ordering
– Marc Blaushild assumes role of CEO in addition to President
– 75th Anniversary Celebration held at the Renaissance Cleveland Hotel in Cleveland, Ohio
– Five Core Values of Family, Trust, Communication, Teamwork and Continuous Improvement is introduced to the company
– Famous Film is produced
– Famous Family Fund is established to support associates and their families in times of hardship and book scholarship opportunities
– Rebranding efforts begin with logo redesign
– Big 6 Game Plan introduction at Driving Profitable Sales associate meeting in Sebring, OH
– Voted a Northeast Ohio Top Workplace
– Bedford Heights, Ohio branch opens
– Brian Blaushild moves into Customer Service Manager role in Bedford Heights location
– eFamous mobile app goes live
– Regional Distribution Center opens in Columbus, Ohio
– Brian Blaushild moves into Director of Purchasing role
– Kevin Blaushild moves into Customer Service Manager role in Bedford Heights location
– Famous Enterprises moves corporate office and Customer Support Center teams to new headquarters in Akron, Ohio
– Regional Distribution Center opens in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
– Brian Blaushild moves into President of Heating and Cooling Products (HCP) role
– Kevin Blaushild moves into Director of Purchasing role
– The 40 Fundamentals for Living the FAMOUS Way are introduced to the company
– Showrooms rebranded Studio33
– Showrooms open in Columbus, Ohio Regional Distribution Center and Bedford Heights, Ohio
We are a leading distributor of quality products in the markets we serve. We provide personalized, accurate and timely service to our valued customers at fair and competitive pricing. We are committed to the continued training and development of our Associates and customers so we may meet your challenges and changing needs.
Famous’ greatest asset is our quality Associates dedicated to serving you, our valued customer!
In this day and age, people are seeking a more stable work/life balance. It is increasingly important for Famous Supply to share
uplifting news about fellow team members and give our associates the chance to contribute their own voice to our organization.
In addition to sharing through our Newsletter, Famous Supply connects with our associates through social media.